My Blog List

Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer 2012 (a brief summary)

Summer 2012 was pretty relaxing. Mark and I celebrated our 10th wedding Anniversary by going to New Orleans for a long weekend. We ate tons of food, did some sight seeing, and looked for alligators on a swamp tour. Also, we decided to go back home to Lubbock in July for a couple of weeks. While there we went camping in the sandhills, visited Carlsbad Caverns, played at Lubbock Water Rampage, rode rides at Joyland, and just hung out with my side of the family. The kids really enjoyed playing with their cousins. In fact, Kai loved it so much that she stayed an extra 26 days without us. Kai got to ride on an airplane all by herself to get back home to us and she loved it! I was a little apprehensive about it and thought that she would freak out and refuse to get on the plane but my mom said she didn't shed one tear. She keeps asking when she can fly back to Lubbock by herself. I'm thinking of letting her for Spring Break. School starts back for Kai on Monday and I start classes the following day. Jakob is lucky and gets an extra week of summer vacation. So I guess summer has come and gone and now it's back to the daily grind. Until next year....
Mark and I in New Orleans on our 10th Anniversary
camping in Kermit, TX at the sandhills
Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico
my family at Joyland (minus brother in law, Justin)

No comments: