My Blog List

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween 2012

Halloween has come and gone once again. And once again Mark and I were less than thrilled with the holiday. Neither one of us are big on Halloween but our kids LOVE it. I mean seriously, what kid doesn't love getting endless amounts of candy and their parents being ok with them eating it?! We try to limit the candy to just 2-3 pieces a day if we can. The kids get a piece packed in their lunchbox for school and then get one after dinner if they eat well. And then on the weekends when they are home we normally let them have a piece in between lunch and dinner. Of course Mark and I have our favorites as well. Mark loves the Sweet Tarts and Dots and I like the Dots and Twizzlers. Kai decided this year that she wanted to be a blue monkey but we could not find a costume so she decided to go as a vampire. I had alot of fun doing her makeup to make her look more gothic. Jakob was a ninja (he said it was the white Ninjago ninja). The Monday prior to Halloween Mark and the kids carved the pumpkin for our FHE acidity just like they do every year. It is becoming a tradition for us to go to the local pumpkin patch the weekend prior to Halloween and carve it the following Monday. Of course no Halloween would be complete without the church Trunk or Treat festivities. The kids love this holiday but I for one am glad that it is over! (I will have to upload pictures later when the camera is charged...sorry!)

No comments: