My Blog List

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My Version of Groundhog Day

Have you ever seen the movie Groundhog Day? I feel like I am living in my own version of the movie and Wednesdays are a particularly bad version of it. My Wednesdays have become so predictable that I could go through them in my sleep or in a zombie like state. I wake up and take care of my own stuff like teeth brushing and then I go get Kai out of bed for school. After she leaves on the bus at 7:40 I wake Jakob up. He eats a pancake (cut up into pieces with syrup on the side) while watching his "videos" on the IPad. After breakfast we get dressed and then head off to Occupational Therapy where we will spend the next hour or so playing in the sensory gym and working on his fine motor skills. After therapy he will want lunch from Subway where he will get the SAME EXACT THING every week: turkey and cheese on white with mustard, tomatoes, and pickles with a bag of sour cream/onion chips, a juice box, and a chocolate chip cookie. After lunch he will go back to videos and games on the IPad while I do some homework until the elementary school bus pulls up so he can play outside with his friends. About 2 hours later we will then head to the middle school to pick up Kai for piano lessons. After lessons we come home and I fix dinner. After dinner the same routine happens: showers, brushing technique, book, and the bed. Sometimes I wish we could shake it up a bit but I know that Jakob thrives on routine and structure so until that changes I will live through my bad version of the movie Groundhog Day.

No comments: